The Level Up Club is now in session! STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES ON FUTURE SESSIONS!
Gained weight last year during the holidays?
Fell off the exercise wagon because things got too busy?
Dreading that number on the scale come January 1st?
Don’t worry, you’re NOT alone – almost 60% of Rebels from our poll last week said they gained weight during the holiday season too:
Welp, I say not this year, sucka!
Hi, I’m Steve Kamb, and I didn’t mean to call you sucka…I just want to help you lose (or maintain) weight during the next seven weeks even though it’s the hectic holidays. I also want to help you stay accountable by teaching you how to build habits that last, and providing you with the tools you need to dominate life – all while still having fun with your friends and family!
I want to introduce you to the Level Up Club, a seven-week boot camp help people lose weight, build lasting habits, and not lose momentum during the holiday season.
Why the heck are the holidays so tough?
Building new healthy habits is freaking hard:
- We know we’re supposed to eat healthier foods, but then we eat whatever’s put in front of us.
- We know we’re supposed to exercise daily, but instead we spend all of our time reading about how to exercise daily.
- We know we’re supposed to do certain things, and not do others, but change never happens.
For whatever reason, we keep finding ourselves in the same place we were months ago, saying, “I should get in shape.”
It happens to the best of us. Believe it or not, it’s not a question of motivation or dedication, despite what you might think; it’s that you aren’t building the right kind of systems to allow yourself to succeed! Doing these things when the weather is nice is hard enough; factor in cold weather, short days, and lots of holiday parties and the challenge gets far more difficult.
I recently asked Nerd Fitness readers what their biggest struggles were during the holidays:
“Being home for the holidays and all of the associated outings and activities means a combination of two things: more eating out (it’s very easy to take in too much with dessert every night and less healthy options) and less consistent working out.”
“Halloween candy. Thanksgiving leftovers. And Christmas food. And booze, all season long.”
“Peer pressure! Seriously though my family refusing to make foods that were health promoting. I can only bring so many sides with me!”
“HOLIDAY PARTIES!!! YUMMY LITTLE FOOD!! FRENCH MARTINIS!!! I just cant say no.”
“Plenty of opportunity to eat, eat, eat, and overeat. Little reason to go to the gym since I’m off from school (I deserve a break, right?). In general, plenty of food and little activity.”
Getting healthy is a lot more difficult than just learning the right tips and tactics and skills.
I remember reading this story (either in Switch or The Power of Habit), about Clotaire Rapaille, an author who was invited to speak at Tufts University:
“Years ago, Tufts University invited me to lecture during a symposium on obesity…
Lecturer after lecturer offered solutions for America’s obesity problem, all of which revolved around education. Americans would be thinner if only they knew about good nutrition and the benefits of exercise, they told us. Slimming down the entire country was possible through an aggressive public awareness campaign…
When it was my turn to speak, I couldn’t help beginning with an observation.
“I think it is fascinating that the other speakers today have suggested that education is the answer to our country’s obesity problem,” I said. I slowly gestured around the room. “If education is the answer, then why hasn’t it helped more of you?”
There were audible gasps in the auditorium when I said this, quite a few snickers, and five times as many sneers.
Unsurprisingly, Tufts never invited me to lecture again.”
We’re smart people. We KNOW we should eat better. We KNOW we should exercise more. We KNOW we shouldn’t have that third or fourth serving. We KNOW we shouldn’t eat the candy on Deborah’s desk (WHY does she have so much candy, anyways!?!).
And yet we do it anyway!
Because we’re not putting ourselves in the right mindset to succeed; we’re not building the right automatic habits to make changes.
On top of that, we’re probably not surrounding ourselves with people that make us better.
To borrow a quote from Tim Ferriss, “You are the average of the five people you associate with most, so do not underestimate the effects of your pessimistic, unambitious, or disorganized friends.”
If you do NOT have a strong support group at home with your friends, family, and/or co-workers, then it is going to be incredibly difficult for you to break that mold and improve the quality of your health and life without some support and people cheering you on.
This is where the Level Up Club comes in!
How to Dominate the Holiday Season
This upcoming Sunday, we’re starting a seven week online behavioral boot camp called the Level Up Club: Holiday Edition. This club will provide you with all of the tools, support, and accountability you need to NOT suck at getting healthy during the Holiday Season.
The Level Up Club: Holiday Edition is packed full of awesomeness:
- Two exclusive Level Up Club email missions and a Level Up Club video lesson each and every week. These missions will teach you how to build proper habits that stick, build a successful routine that puts you on a healthier path, and still have fun.
- Detailed, specific action plans for dealing with difficult holiday situations - how unhealthy family gatherings, pushy co-workers, and turning down food options politely without hurting people’s feelings.
- An exclusive Level Up Club online community of fellow Rebels to discuss issues, build accountability, and get specific advice from the Nerd Fitness team. No matter what’s got you stuck, the community and I are here to get you rolling again.
- Healthy holiday meal options and recipes - including healthy and delicious entrés and appetizers that are perfect for holiday parties.
- Access to guest interviews with habit change experts and Nerd Fitness success stories. Hear from people directly who have made positive changes, lost weight, and managed to keep it off, even during the holiday season.
- Bi-weekly live Q&A video calls - Ask us about ANYTHING and get a personal response from the Nerd Fitness Team.
- Priority Email Access - Email us a question and you’ll get a response back within 24 hours (weekdays) or 48 hours (weekends). Usually, we’ll get back to you much sooner than that!
- Regular “Office hours” - The Nerd Fitness team will be available to you during a regular time each week to answer questions you have. Simply “stop by” during the office hours to chat with a Nerd Fitness team member.
- Accountability teams – We’ll form small mastermind groups and check in regularly with each team to help everybody keep each other accountable through the seven week class.
- A consultation skype call and unlimited text support from a member of the Nerd Fitness team – Questions? Struggles? We’ll give you the phone number to a member of Team Nerd Fitness who will be your Yoda for all seven weeks of the course.
Here’s what Carolyn had to say about the first Level Up Club:
The LUC missions were carefully designed so that I had to take one thing at a time; it forced me to slow down, which was exactly what I needed. I learned to take things one pound, one inch, one habit at a time. The missions were great!!! Heck, I even learned to stop checking Twitter and FB all the time (I didn’t even realize my problem until the LUC).
I really can’t say enough good things about the LUC, it was just that awesome. The live Q&A sessions were great, and it was so nice of you guys to hang out and answer questions.
Audrey kicked serious ass thanks to the Level Up Club
Thank you so much for running this course! I’ve learned lessons (and will continue to learn from them) that I’ll use for the rest of my life.
Why join the Level Up Club?
The Level Up Club is designed for people who struggle to find the willpower to follow through with making healthy decisions and exercise regularly.
If you are brand new to this whole “getting healthy” thing, or you have found that you constantly struggle during the holiday season to keep yourself on track, then this is the club for you.
My goal with this seven-week online course is to not only provide you with all the education and information you need to live a healthier life, but also provide you with the tools necessary to build powerful habits that will allow you to continue making positive changes even after the course is over.
Accountability, consistency, and lack of motivation are the three biggest issues people have with regards to losing weight and keeping it off.
The Level Up Club has been built specifically to address those three issues.
James – another successful Level Up Club member
The Level Up Club has helped me to change not only my habits and life, but also myself. I have begun approaching so many things in my life with a very different perspective, via using the tools, information, and skills I acquire in LUC. for example, rather than just blindly diving into something and trying to do all of the things ever, I take small bites. Moreover, I’m capable of creating both achievable goals and realistic paths to get there.
The Level Up Club members have encouraged me when things were getting rough, and it was comforting to see that I wasn’t the only one struggling.
The Level Up Club – What’s Inside?
A dedicated community, ONLY for people in the Level Up Club:
- A place to post your victories and struggles. Get support from your fellow Level Up Club members.
- Track your workouts, keep track of your goals and habits, and get advice from Nerd Fitness team members on how to keep improving.
- Participate in discussions, give feedback, and learn from others.
Two weekly emails missions and one video mission designed to help you succeed:
- Exclusive content specifically for Level Up Club members to help them stay accountable.
- Missions and challenges designed to guide you through setting attainable goals, making healthy decisions, and building quality habits.
- Learn how to make changes to your life and adjustments so that your new diet becomes part of who you are. No more crash diets or get-fit quick-plans, just consistent, permanent, awesome changes.
Holiday-specific battle plans:
- Meal options and healthy (AND delicious) holiday recipes so you can still eat great for the holiday festivities.
- Action plans for dealing with unhealthy family members, scripts to use when you need to politely decline unhealthy food or unhealthy behavior, and strategies for succeeding during chaotic office and family functions.
- Strategies for how to deal with missing a day or how to immediately gett back on track after overeating and drinking on a holiday.
Bi-weekly Q&A sessions and interviews with Nerd Fitness super Rebels:
- Live video Q&A’s with the Nerd Fitness team – type your question, we’ll answer right back (see the screen shot below).
- Interviews with habit change pros and Nerd Fitness Rebels who have had success losing weight and keeping it off.
Accountability teams and more dedicated support (Gold and Platinum Only):
- Assigned accountability teams – we’ll help you form small mastermind groups based on your goals to stay accountable, checking in with you regularly and providing support.
- Fast response email support – shoot us an email and somebody from the Nerd Fitness team will reply within 24 hours (but usually MUCH faster).
- Dedicated “Office hours” each week where the Nerd Fitness team is available to answer questions and problems you’re having. Simply “swing by” and have a discussion with us.
Dedicated personal support from a Nerd Fitness team member (Platinum Version Only):
- An introductory 20-minute skype consultation from a NF team member who will learn your story and goals.
- Text message support – have somebody to check in on you daily, respond to your questions, and give you the encouragement you need
- Get personal advice that is unique to your situation. Do you need support, or “tough love?” We can tailor our plans around your needs.
Here’s what to expect from our Live Q&As
Who should NOT join the Level Up Club?
This class is not for everybody. I’m only looking for people who are interested in changing their lives and are willing to make an investment in themselves to do so. I understand that some people aren’t interested in purchasing products or classes through Nerd Fitness – that’s absolutely okay! We’ll still be offering free seven-week challenges on the Nerd Fitness message boards as usual, along with two free articles per week.
This is not for somebody who is already in fantastic shape, doesn’t struggle with making the right decisions around the holidays, is a self-starter, has zero problem with motivation or self-discipline, and is currently kicking ass.
This is a course with missions. homework, discussions, and challenges. Like anything, the more you put into the Level Up Club, the more you’ll get out of the Level Up Club, so please only sign up if you’re willing to follow along with the plans.
Level Up Club Pricing
I’m not going to lie – I want you to join us in the Level Up Club. I’ve seen dozens and dozens of Level Up Club members follow the program to build stronger, more confident and awesome lives. I want you to be one of those people.
I want to help you build lifelong skills and healthy habits.
This course works if you’re willing to put the time and effort in to follow the lessons and missions laid out for you. I understand that people have different budgets and require different amounts of coaching to get healthy, so we’ve set up three different options to make sure everybody can kick ass, no matter their struggle.
The Level Up Club is No Longer Available. Please stay tuned for future classes!
Thomas, a rebel who lost 70 pounds while checking in daily via text messages:
Being able to share my progress and get feedback and encouragement from someone I’ve never met is awesome. Family and friends are always nice to hear from but knowing Steve cared made the difference!”
100% Money Back Guarantee – No Questions Asked!
If you don’t love the Level Up Club and feel like you’re getting your money’s worth, I want to give you back 100% of your money.
I’m confident that the Nerd Fitness Team and the Level Up Club will help you get in great shape, build solid habits, and still have fun with your friends and family this holiday season. If you’re on the fence about joining up, I want you to know that you can email me at any point in the first three weeks of using the program and let me know that things aren’t working out and I’ll refund 100% of your money, no questions asked.
My goal with the Level Up Club is to help you be happy and live healthy. If this program isn’t doing it for you, I’ll help you find one that will.
Teresa had fun, learned new skills, and got stronger!
I had a blast during the last seven weeks and I’m really thrilled with the results. I’m thrilled with my new weight lifting skills. I joined the LUC to get stronger and I am. I look forward to getting even stronger in the future. When I started the LUC I had Olive Oyl arms; now my arms have definition! That’s a huge win!
Jeanette conquered her fears, dropped 17 pounds, broke through her plateau, and has her life back
I am not sure what I expected when I started this six week journey, but I have surpassed any and all expectations that I had. I started this journey at 215 lbs, I had plateaued… well that is what I thought anyway. I changed my diet to 80% paleo, 6 weeks later I am now 198, I have not been below 200 lbs in 7 years!!!
I love to workout…. wait did I just write that, why yes I did…. I cannot miss my workouts. It was a bit tough a week ago as the boxing club I was training at closed, so I persevered and found another club and will be registering with them next week.
I accomplished two goals while doing Level Up:
1) I participated in my very first Warrior Dash and survived, I was able to do it in 48 minutes… WOW!! I loved it. I will be going again next year.
2) I have always wanted to sky dive, but I always put it off as I did not feel fit enough, or was to heavy, July 28 I did not one but two tandem dives. I was so nervous, going up in the plane but needed to accomplish this, as soon as I touched ground, I said “sign me up, I want to go again” less then an hour later I was jumping again.
I feel like I have my life back. I am running longer, my endurance is higher, I can walk up two flights of stairs without being winded, I am wearing sizes that I did not think I would ever be in again. This season in soccer I have scored 3 goals…. THREE!!! the last time I scored one goal it was in 2007. THANK YOU!!!
THE LEVEL UP CLUB IS NOW IN SESSION – STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES ON FUTURE CLASSES IN 2013
My goal with this is to you get you healthy and happy.